If you love working with people and making your clients feel good about themselves, a sunless spray tanning business can be a great start-up. As the dangers of tanning beds have turned many customers away from “fake baking,” sunless tanning has come into high demand. Before you begin offering your services, make sure that you have a valid business license, a marketing plan in place and the necessary equipment and a systematic approach.
Prevention is easily done when it comes to skin cancer.
Here are nine ways to prevent skin damage from the sun:
- Avoid Sunlamps and Tanning Beds
- Stay in the Shade, especially between 10am and 4pm
- On days spent outside, upgrade to a SPF 30, reapply every two hours
- Wear UVB blocking sunglasses, covering clothing and hats
- See your health care provider every year for a skin exam
- Examine your skin once a month
- Keep newborns out of the sun
- Use sunscreen (UVA/UVB) of SPF 15 every day
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside